The last two weeks of March were crazy busy. Not just making excuses but things like a work audit that happens every 3 years, out of town company, a week holiday…… so it was a good opportunity to see what stuck with the changes I tried to incorporate into my lifestyle:
- Walking 10,000 steps – check
- Drinking water daily – check
- Not eating after 7:00 – check (other than a few nights when we were out to dinner)
- Regular exercise – half a check. Did not manage three times a week but it did not disappear completely
- Yoga – NO check. Not once. So we know where I need to try a bit harder
But now, after making those little changes, it is time for some bigger changes. The month of April will be focusing on giving up the white stuff – white flour, white rice and white sugar. The exception will be when we are out to dinner but for day to day life – no pasta, no baked goods, no rice. The hardest of the three will be the pasta. You would think the baked good would be hard, especially as I am eating a Blue Chip cookie http://devl.ams.ubc.ca/at-the-sub/food/blue-chip-cookies/ (Blue Chip cookies are a UBC staple) but pasta is such a staple of our diet that I think it will be the toughest. Notice that I did not say I was giving up chocolate. Lindt Dark Chocolate Chili bar is my weakness and I pretty sure there is some sugar added but can’t do it all or it definitely won’t work!
Rather than a weekly challenge, as this one will be tough, this will last the month of April. I will report!